Monday, May 25

One More Thing..

Forgot to add this into the Nigerien summary, but it's odd enough to merit a mention..

Most Unlooked-for Fact Learned: The men of Niger squat to pee.

I feel a need to justify how, as a non-pervert, I have come by this unexpected piece of information. Allow me to remind readers that I spend a considerable portion of my time on buses, of which stops to pee and stretch cramped limbs are the occasional perk. Normally I make a point not to look at anyone once they leave the bus, but the sight of several fully-clothed men squatting down, as though to peer at something on the ground, is not one I immediately associated with urination and I began to watch with curiosity. What were they all looking at? and what were they holding?

Eventually figured it out. Gross.

1 comment:

  1. lol. they were holding their pride. nothing else.

    ReplyDelete